CASE 01-2015: Ashin Wirathu
Proclamation on Dhamma Vansanurakhitta Association – Buddha Dhamma Charity Foundation
November 13, 2017
The International Buddhist Ethics Committee and Buddhist Tribunal on Human Rights,
Considering that in Case 01-2015 the International Buddhist Ethics Committee sentenced Ashin Wirathu and the 969 Movement for the crimes of Discrimination, Social Segregation, Apology of Violence and False Buddhism;
Recalling that due to international pressure the State Sangha Maha Nayaka Committee superficially sanctioned the 969 Movement, only generating that this Islamophobic group changed its name to Ma Ba Tha (Organization for the Protection of Nationalism and Religion);
Aware that Ma Ba Tha and the State Sangha Maha Nayaka Committee have actively assisted and collaborated with the Myanmar military regime led by former de facto President Thein Sein, actively supporting the Genocide, Ethnic Cleansing and Crimes against humanity against the Rohingya People;
Deeply concerned because Myanmar’s new civil-military government led by de facto president Aung San Suu Kyi is worsening and continuing the genocidal policies against the Rohingya people in the eyes of the entire world, carrying out High Crimes against Peace;
Deploring the fact that de facto president Aung San Suu Kyi carries out acts of Negationism, not only affirming that there is no kind of genocide, but also accusing the Rohingya people of terrorism;
Analyzing that even the UN, through the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR), has denounced terrible human rights violations committed by the government of Myanmar against the defenseless civilian population, such as torture, mass sexual abuses, forced disappearances and extrajudicial executions of children and babies, all of which is considered by Aung San Suu Kyi as fake news;
Taking into consideration that the State Sangha Maha Nayaka Committee presided over by Bhaddanta Kumarabhivamsa was sentenced for False Buddhism and Violation of the Buddhist Legal Code, Oppression and Illegal Detentions against the Buddhist Sangha, Complicity with Discrimination, Violation of the rights of women and children, Violation of freedom of expression, Violation of the rights of indigenous and tribal peoples, Crimes against Humanity and Peace, and Complicity with Genocide and Ethnic Cleansing;
Examining that Bhaddanta Kumarabhivamsa of the State Sangha Maha Nayaka Committee has received a Peace Prize from the criminal organization called WORLD PEACE PRIZE AWARDING COUNCIL (WPPAC), reason why the institution has been sentenced for the charges of Complicity with Crimes against Peace, Complicity with Violations of Buddhist Cultural Heritage, Defamation, Discrimination and Ethnocentrism, Threats and Violation of Human Rights, Corruption, Fraud and Organized Crime and Complicity with Genocide and Islamophobia;
Bearing in mind that Lama Lobzang of the International Buddhist Confederation (IBC) has been asked to remove the status of Patron to Bhaddanta Kumarabhivamsa and to expel this individual for his international crimes, something that has been disobeyed by Lama Lobzang despite the warning that this would imply a violation of Buddhist Law;
Expressing consternation at the fact that the extermination plan against the Rohingya People is still happening, with thousands of children and women killed, while the international community has not yet demanded Aung San Suu Kyi to stop her international crimes;
Reaffirming the critique against the genocidal role of Buddhist Bhikkhus controlled by the government of Myanmar, among whom one can find Ashin Wirathu and the State Sangha Maha Nayaka Committee presided over by Bhaddanta Kumarabhivamsa, being preachers of hatred, apartheid and genocide;
Confirming the fact that due to the Judgment of the Buddhist Tribunal, the State Sangha Maha Nayaka Committee has banned the Ma Ba Tha group, although it has not banned its Islamophobic ideology, which is why Ma Ba Tha continues to exist under the name of the Dhamma Vansanurakhitta Association or Buddha Dhamma Charity Foundation;
- It is expressed absolute solidarity with the millions of innocent lives of the Rohingya People that are being systematically and widespreadly annihilated by the illegal government of Myanmar, being persecuted, stigmatized, discriminated, dehumanized, violated, segregated, raped and exterminated in a way as evil as the Holocaust carried out by Nazi regime.
- It is stated that the Dhamma Vansanurakhitta Association or Buddha Dhamma Charity Foundation is responsible for Complicity with Genocide, Ethnic Cleansing and Crimes against Humanity, and Violation of the Buddhist Law and Human Rights.
- It is declared that Lama Lobzang will be judged for Violation of Buddhist Law.
- It is manifested that people like Ashin Wirathu, who exist in Myanmar, Sri Lanka and Thailand, are destroying Buddhism through character assassination, attacking the intrinsic dignity of Spirituality.
- This Ethical Proclamation is invoked as an act of justice in the face of violations of Buddhist Law and Human Rights carried out by Ashin Wirathu, the State of Myanmar and the State Sangha Maha Nayaka Committee.
- It is recalled once again that the Buddhist Path is the Salvation of humanity and of the world through spiritual love.
This Proclamation was written two thousand six hundred years after the creation of the Buddhist Community.
H.E. Master Maitreya Samyaksambuddha
President and Judge of the International Buddhist Ethics Committee & Buddhist Tribunal on Human Rights