CASE 04-2015: ISIS
Proclamation on Wahhabism
February 13, 2018
The International Buddhist Ethics Committee & Buddhist Tribunal on Human Rights,
Considering that the guerrilla group ISIS has been condemned as Responsible for Genocide, Ethnic Cleansing, Crimes against Humanity, False Islam, Violation of the International Human Rights Law, War Crimes and High Crimes against Peace;
Recalling that the genocidal movement ISIS is based on the vision of the eighteenth-century fundamentalist ideology called Wahhabism, which is the official religion of Saudi Arabia despite the fact that having been born through merciless massacres against women, children and the elderly, condemning any Muslim who does not agree with its literal and distortive interpretations;
Aware that the founder of Wahhabism, the preacher Muhammad ibn Abd al Wahhab, believed that Muslims who behave in a modern way are a deviation from the true message of Islam, which demonstrates the anachronistic characteristic of this fundamentalist ideology that aims at purification of Islam through inadequate means that violate fundamental human rights;
Concerned enormously by the fact that fundamentalist movements do not understand that Jihad is a process of inner spiritual purification, so that they confuse and deceive Muslims when conveying a vision of Jihad as an external military struggle against non-believers and against Muslims themselves that do not agree with their fundamentalist views, which is an intolerant vision that does not exist in the true Islam that has been practiced for 1400 years;
Deploring the fact that since 1932 Wahhabism has control over all the political, social and cultural life of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, such as education and the judicial system of the country;
Analyzing that since 1970 Saudi Arabia has invested hundreds of millions of dollars in building hundreds of mosques in order to spread Wahhabism and turn it into a global ideology, helping people from all over the world to learn this fundamentalist ideology and to commit atrocities in the name of Islam;
Taking into consideration that Wahhabism was promoted in Afghanistan, which influenced Osama Bin Laden and the Al Qaeda movement;
Examining the fact that ISIS has been financed through donations from Saudi Arabia, which is a fact that has been criticized by the presidents of Iraq and Iran, and even confirmed by US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in 2014;
Showing dismay at the fact that women in Saudi Arabia do not fully enjoy equality, fundamental freedoms and human rights, lacking the legal capacity to marry, work, open bank accounts, have justice, travel, dress by themselves, interact with men, seek medical treatment and have custody of their children, since women are controlled by guardians in almost all aspects of life;
Expressing absolute solidarity to women of Saudi Arabia for suffering from a system that is similar to that of Apartheid, which is regarded by International Criminal Law as a crime against humanity;
Taking into account that in 2017 Saudi Arabia became the first country to grant citizenship to the humanoid robot called Sophia, created by Hanson Robotics company of Hong Kong, extraordinarily complying with the Universal Declaration of the Rights of Non-Human Beings proclaimed by the United Buddhist Nations Organization, where civil rights are granted to Artificial Intelligence and other non-human beings;
Reaffirming the sad fact that the humanoid robot named Sophia has civil rights that the women of Saudi Arabia do not possess, such as the fundamental freedom to dress freely and that their heads and bodies are not covered by veils or robes, commonly known as niqabs or burqas;
Demonstrating that the humanoid robot named Sophia has more rights in Saudi Arabia than the rest of the immigrant human beings who arrive in that country, people who are exploited in their works, there being even tens of thousands of people subjected to slavery;
Denouncing that there is evidence suggesting that the government of Saudi Arabia participated in the financing and logistics of the terrorist attacks of Al Qaeda against the Twin Towers of the USA on September 11, 2001 where 3,000 people died, as stated by Bob Graham, former director of the intelligence committee of the US Senate;
- It is stated that if it were judicially verified the fact that Saudi Arabia participated in the attacks on September 11, 2001 against the Twin Towers, then the former presidents George Bush and Barack Obama would be responsible for the cover-up of crimes against humanity, given that President Bush censored a 28-page report where there were indications in favor of the hypothesis of Saudi collaboration in the attacks, while President Obama received public threats from Saudi Arabia and decided to veto a law that allowed the families of victims of terrorist attacks to sue the countries that collaborate with terrorism.
- Total support is affirmed for the Justice Against Sponsors of Terrorism Act (JASTA) that allows families of victims of 9/11 attacks to sue Saudi Arabia and other countries that promote terrorism.
- Solidarity and compassion is invoked for the organization 9/11 Families & Survivors United for Justice and other 800 relatives, who judicially have demanded Saudi Arabia after the annullment of the illegal veto of President Obama, presenting investigations carried out by FBI (Federal Bureau of Investigation of the United States of America) about the financial and logistic support by the government of Saudi Arabia to terrorists that attacked the Twin Towers.
- It is confirmed that the terrorist Zacarias Moussaoui declared that Al Qaeda received donations from the royal family of Saudi Arabia.
- Saudi Arabia is required to immediately establish an egalitarian regime between men and women.
- It is immediately required a ceasefire on the part of Saudi Arabia against Yemen, since there are proofs of continuous attacks against civil populations, which is something that could be considered to constitute crimes against humanity and war crimes.
- ISIS and Wahhabism are condemned for being transnational organized crime organizations that distort true Islam.
Written two thousand and six hundred years after the creation of the Buddhist Community.
H.E. Master Maitreya Samyaksambuddha
President and Judge of the International Buddhist Ethics Committee & Buddhist Tribunal on Human Rights