Case 02-2015: Myanmar
Proclamation on Unethical Leadership
September 18, 2017
The International Buddhist Ethics Committee & Buddhist Tribunal on Human Rights,
Whereas on May 1, 2015, Myanmar’s military Government led by Thein Sein was sentenced by the Buddhist Tribunal on Human Rights for the serious charges of Genocide, Ethnic Cleansing and Crimes against Humanity;
Recalling that on May 16, 2015, the Buddhist Tribunal on Human Rights has notified Southeast Asian countries such as Bangladesh and Malaysia that the Rohingya People persecuted by Myanmar are fleeing from a Genocide and they therefore should be considered as refugees and never as illegal immigrants;
Aware that Thein Sein, in order to seek impunity, after leaving the political Power decided to order himself spiritually within the Buddhist Commune (Sangha), a fact that has been banned by the Buddhist Tribunal on Human Rights because the Buddhist Law does not allow the entrance of murderers;
Deeply concerned about the lives of millions of people of the Rohingya People, mostly children and women, who are being exterminated in Myanmar under the leadership of the new de facto President Aung San Suu Kyi, so that the Norwegian Nobel Committee was ordered to cancel her Nobel Peace Prize;
Deploring the criminal and genocidal behavior of Aung San Suu Kyi, who has betrayed all the ethical and humanitarian values that every Buddhist and Nobel Peace Prize winner should represent;
Analyzing that Myanmar’s civic-military dictatorship has not only murdered dozens of Buddhist Bhikkhus but has also infiltrated within the Spiritual Commune (Sangha) through the false monk Ashin Wirathu and his criminal organizations, which have greatly tarnished the humanitarian image of Buddhism at the global level through supporting violence, apartheid and genocide, all of which is a behavior in violation of the Buddhist Law and Human Rights;
Taking into consideration that global journalism constantly claims that the ethnic cleansing carried out against the Rohingya People has the support of the Myanmar Buddhist monks, ignoring the fact that the International Buddhist Ethics Committee declared as False Buddhism to both Ashin Wirathu and the criminal organization State Sangha Maha Nayaka Committee;
Examining that the defense of the lives of millions of Rohingya People has ethically forced the Buddhist Tribunal on Human Rights to denounce organizations that directly or indirectly endorse these crimes against humanity, as is the case with the organizations called Movement 969, Ma Ba Tha, International Buddhist Confederation, World Alliance of Buddhist Leaders and World Peace Prize Awarding Council;
Bearing in mind that if Siddhartha Gautama existed in the contemporary world he would prefer the destruction of Buddhism rather than the existence of a Buddhism perverted through violence and genocide, since the great Buddhas of history have always transmitted a Path of Love and Peace, never making omissive silence before Hatred and War;
Affirming that despite being judged for genocide by the Buddhist Tribunal on Human Rights, even the leaders of Iran and Indonesia agree that the Myanmar government is committing violent activities and that this great humanitarian crisis must end immediately;
Being appalled at the fact that the UN – which is another government condemned for genocide by the Buddhist Tribunal – criticizes the ethnic cleansing carried out by de the facto President Aung San Suu Kyi, making this criticism superficially because Myanmar government has never been held accountable to the International Justice, which shows the total inoperability of the UN in order to be able to ethically lead the world and defend human rights;
Reaffirming that the discriminatory and genocidal treatment that Myanmar’s civic-military dictatorship is providing to the Rohingya People is a violation of Buddhist Law as well as a violation of the Supreme Human Right to Peace;
- Absolute solidarity is expressed with the Rohingya People, who are considered as brothers of the Buddhic People.
- It is stated that the Myanmar government led by the de facto President Aung San Suu Kyi is in breach of international laws, developing a systematic and widespread plan of genocide, ethnic cleansing and crimes against humanity, which constitute High Crimes Against Peace.
- It is confirmed that, for purely economic reasons, the Chinese government is supporting the criminal government of Myanmar.
- It is stated that the members of the Rohingya People possess an intrinsic Freedom and Dignity that all States and international organizations must respect and maintain.
- It is claimed that the death of one single child or member of the Rohingya People constitutes the death of all humanity, for all sentient beings are interconnected and conform a sacred unity in the great fabric of life.
- The association between Buddhism and violence is condemned as false, being a childish journalistic view that misinterprets the historical and cultural Truth, violating the sacredness of the Buddhist Spirituality by means of the dissemination of illusory stereotypes.
- It is confirmed that violence and war are ineffective instruments to resolve any kind of conflict, only worsening the true causes of problems.
- It is established that Buddhism always was and will be on the side of the poor and oppressed ones, always seeking the Cure of their suffering.
- This Ethical Proclamation is invoked as an act of justice against the violations of Buddhist Law and the Human Rights carried out by the State of Myanmar and the UN.
- It is rejected the fact that international journalism writes hundreds of articles stating that Myanmar Genocide is supported by Buddhism, constantly ignoring that the Buddhist Tribunal is the first organization in precisely denouncing and judging this crime against humanity;
- It is recalled the teachings of Siddharta Gautama and the Maitriyana Spirituality, whose compassionate wisdom has the ability to save humankind through a supreme ethical leadership.
This was written two thousand six hundred years after the founding and independence of the Great Buddhist Nation.
President: H.E. Master Maitreya Samyaksambuddha
One thought on “Proclamation on Unethical Leadership”