This association is the product of the Seventh Buddhist Council and the First Theravada-Mahayana Council organized by the World Association of Buddhism (WBA) in 2014. Since that time, the World Association of Theravada (WAT) is founded, inviting Buddhists around the world to form a Board of this new partnership.
2. Membership in WAT is free and open to Theravada Buddhists worldwide.
3. WAT find avoid sectarianism in Theravada Buddhism through the relationship with other Buddhist groups.
4. WAT spiritually validates to Mahayana, Vajrayana, Navayana and Maitriyana, considering them as a Second, Third, Fourth and Fifth Way as valid as the first Way of Buddhism.
5. WAT promotes the vision of Gautama as a reconciliation of all Buddhist groups, so all his teachings should be preserved and transmitted.
6. WAT organize and support to Theravada Buddhist Councils in order to update its practice and theory in the world.
7. WAT provides ordinations to Theravada monks.
8. WAT offers Honorary Degrees to Buddhist Masters from other traditions and lineages.
9. WAT recognizes India as the birthplace of Buddhism, but at the same time it considers important the influence of Buddhism on the cultures of East and West.
10. WAT share compassionate wisdom to all mankind through the spiritual teaching.
11. Any donations received by WAT must be immediately implemented in social action or Engaged Buddhism.
12. The Dharma should be the guiding principle of WAT at any time and place.
13. Membership of an individual or group within WAT will be terminated before a disrespectful or impolite behavior.
5. WAT has created a project of Spiritual Degrees to great Buddhist Masters from the main traditions: Buddhadasa Bhikkhu (THERAVADA) , Master Thich Nhat Hanh (ZEN) , His Holiness Dalai Lama (VAJRAYANA) , B.R. Ambedkar (NAVAYANA) , Master Maitreya Samyaksambuddha (MAITRIYANA) .
6. WAT has received the UNIVERSAL DECLARATION OF THE RIGHTS OF BUDDHIST PEOPLES AND SPIRITUAL COMMUNITIES.
7. WAT has become founding member of the UNITED BUDDHIST NATIONS ORGANIZATION, with Registry Number A032017.
Rudura Buddhananda Dharmamitra Buddhist Monk and Novice Training and Meditation Centre, Rudura Ananda Niketan Buddhist Monastery, Anwara, Chittagong, Bangladesh.
Ven. Yon Bunyom (PRESIDENT & JUROR)
Ven. Laka Mitra Bhikkhu (PRESIDENT)
Rev. Dr. ILukpitiye Pannasekara (PRESIDENT)
Bhante Sathindriya (PRESIDENT)
Bhikkhu Saddharakkhita (PRESIDENT)
Dr. Ven Sheelratna Bodhi (PRESIDENT)
Ven. Ashin Acara (VICE-PRESIDENT)
Panhasiri Pandito Guru Tep Vuthy (PEACE AMBASSADOR)
Master Yan Maitri-Shi (SPIRITUAL ADVISER)
Ven. Dr Sumedh Thero (ASSISTANT)
Ven. Bodhimitra Mahathero (ASSISTANT)
V. Vijayalakshmi (ASSISTANT)
Dr. M. Velusamy (ASSISTANT)
Ven Wattegama Dhammawasa Thero
Ven. Akurala Samitha
Ven. Chhay Korn
Dr. Arun Kumar Yadav
Ven. Dr. Medagampitiye Wijithadhamma
Sanjoy Barua Chowdhury
Bhante K. Uparatana
Ven. Mom Lei
Ven Prohm Samnang
Ven. Tep Sithoeun
Ven. Dr. Dhammapal
Ven. Hoeu Sophal
Ven. Hun Chanden
Ven. Chhum Sothy
Ven. Leng Bunneang
Ms. Kim Sean Pal
Ms. Sam Ritho
Ms. Hang Bunphal
Ms. Keo Maly
Ms. Chhea Kim Nin
Mr. Sok Seri Uttum
Rev. Debashish Chowdhury
Bhante Dhammika (Ven. Dr Tawalama Dhammika)
Ven. Walpola Kalyanatissa Nayaka Thero
Rev. Athale Sumana Thero
Upasaka Vasanthy Adhikesavan
Upasaka Vasanthy Ramesh
Upasaka Malligai Shenbagavalli
Upasaka Chitrarasu Venkatesan
Upasaka Sankar Munisamy
Upasaka D. Velumayilone
Upasaka V. Vivekanandan
Upasaka Azhagu Siddharth
World Association of Buddhism
Cambodian Monastery-Kaushambi (CM-K)
Maitriyana Buddhist University
Integral Buddhist University
International Buddhist Friends Association (IBFA)
Sakyamuni Buddha Vihar Trust
Centre Bouddhiste International de Genève
Adher Manik Shanti Niketan Monastery
International Buddhist Foundation (IBF)
Sudarsana meditation centre
Zurich Buddhist Vihara
Triple Gem of the North (A Buddhist Vihara)
Bangladesh Bouddha Bhikkhu Mahasabha (The Supreme Buddhist Sangha Council of Bangladesh)
Sri Subodharama International Buddhist Center
Aung Mangalar Buddhist Temple
International Buddhist Ethics Committe & Buddhist Tribunal on Human Rights
Sanghamithra Buddha Dhamma Followers association
Ananda Buddha Dhamma Followers Association for men
Buddhist Pali Education And Research Trust (R)