CASE 29-2017: WORLD PEACE PRIZE AWARDING COUNCIL (WPPAC)
Proclamation on Genocide and Islamophobia
October 21, 2017
The International Buddhist Ethics Committee and Buddhist Tribunal on Human Rights,
Considering that on September 10, 2017 a person called “Priest Mok Tak” who would be the “Buddhist Liaison for WPPAC” allegedly claimed that he and the Myanmar government analyzed the legal actions taken by the International Buddhist Ethics Committee to which he accused of being composed of “Members of Islam who opposed to the government of Myanmar and disguised as a Buddhist identity to confuse and disseminate a false public opinion”;
Recalling that this fact represents a constant worsening of the WORLD PEACE PRIZE AWARDING COUNCIL (WPPAC) in the field of human rights, because it is not only a new attempt against the Buddhist Law, but is also an act of Islamophobia, accusing the International Buddhist Ethics Committee to be an Islamic organization just because of the fact that the Genocide carried out by the Government of Myanmar against the Rohingya People has been denounced by the Committee;
Aware that this persecutory policy is a similar orientation to that of the Nazi Discourse, which accuses as Zionism to any group or institution that rejects the Holocaust or Genocide suffered by the Jewish People and the Gypsy People during Hitler’s government;
Greatly concerned because this action by the WORLD PEACE PRIZE AWARDING COUNCIL (WPPAC) discriminating and attacking human rights defenders seeks to support genocidal activities rather than helping to defend the lives of millions of people being exterminated by the Myanmar government;
Deploring the Complicity of the WORLD PEACE PRIZE AWARDING COUNCIL (WPPAC) with respect to crimes against humanity by Myanmar’s civic-military government that is something positioning the WPPAC in clear violation of International Law;
Analyzing that even the UN, through the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR), has reported terrible human rights violations, such as torture, massive sexual abuses, forced disappearances and extrajudicial executions of children and babies committed by the Myanmar government against the defenseless civilian population, all of which supports the Judgment of the Buddhist Tribunal on Human Rights against Myanmar for crimes against humanity, ethnic cleansing and genocide;
Taking into consideration the report called “Countdown to Annihilation: Genocide in Myanmar” by the International State Crime Initiative, where it is described the massive annihilation carried out by the government of Myanmar against the Rohingya people, identifying the government of Myanmar, their security forces and even Buddhist Monks as architects of Genocide, all of which is consistent with the Judgment of the Buddhist Tribunal on Human Rights against the State Sangha Maha Nayaka Committee presided over by Bhaddanta Kumarabhivamsa (WPPAC Peace Prize laureate);
Noting that the WORLD PEACE PRIZE AWARDING COUNCIL (WPPAC), by being complicit in the crimes committed by Myanmar and the State Sangha Maha Nayaka Committee against millions of civilians, is participating in a dangerous discourse or narrative of Racism, Xenophobia and Islamophobia;
Bearing in mind that the millions of victims of the Rohingya People massacred by the Myanmar government are accused of terrorism, which is the same accusation the WPPAC has made against the International Buddhist Ethics Committee;
Being appalled due to the fact that the International State Crime Initiative had discovered a 1988 document belonging to the military government of Myanmar where it is detailed the adoption of eleven steps to carry out a “Rohingya Extermination Plan”, which included measures against Rohingya such as the denial of citizenship, restriction of marriages, reduction of population, creation of ghettos, prohibition of university studies, prohibition of participation in government, prohibition of private property, forced conversions and illegal sentences of courts, all of which have been measures of stigmatization and dehumanization supported by false Bhikkhus infiltrated by the military government, as is the case of Ashin Wirathu;
Reaffirming the report of the International State Crime Initiative where it is criticized the fact that there is a genocidal role of Buddhists Bhikkhus controlled by the government of Myanmar, among which Ashin Wirathu and the State Sangha Maha Nayaka Committee presided over by Bhaddanta Kumarabhivamsa (WPPAC peace prize laureate) are found, being preachers of hatred, apartheid and genocide;
- Absolute solidarity is expressed to the millions of innocent lives of the Rohingya People who are being systematically and widespreadly annihilated by the illegal government of Myanmar.
- It is denounced the terrible fact that the Rohingya People have experienced all stages of Genocide, such as decades of persecution, stigmatization, discrimination, dehumanization, violence, social segregation and systematic and widespread violation of human rights in order to cause both its annihilation as the removal of the existence of this group in the collective history of humanity, all of which deeply recalls the Holocaust carried out by Nazism.
- It is stated that WPPAC should immediately denounce the Myanmar Genocide, failing to provide memberships and peace prizes to those who support or participate in these genocidal activities.
- WPPAC is again required to annul the Peace Prize awarded to the genocidal criminal Bhaddanta Kumarabhivamsa.
- It is stated that people like Ashin Wirathu and Bhaddanta Kumarabhivamsa are destroying Buddhism by means of the desecration, undermining the dignity and Spirituality of this movement.
- This Ethical Proclamation is invoked as an act of justice in the face of violations of Buddhist Law and Human Rights carried out by the State of Myanmar and the State Sangha Maha Nayaka Committee.
- It is confirmed that in 2015 the State Sangha Maha Nayaka Committee presided over Bhaddanta Kumarabhivamsa banned the teaching of Bhikkhu U Pinnyasiha (Shwe Nya Wa Sayadaw) supposedly for “speaking out of line with Buddhist doctrine and not following the instructions of his seniors”, since Bhikkhu U Pinnyasiha had called for peace between Buddhists and Muslims and had criticized the Islamophobic movement of Wirathu.
- It is agreed with Bhikkhu U Pinnyasiha (Shwe Nya Wa Sayadaw) in the fact that “The way of Buddhism is saving people, helping the people, giving loving kindness to all the people without take into account the skin color or the particular religion of people, just give them loving kindness. People who refuse to give loving kindness to certain sorts of people are going against the way of Buddhism.”
- It is stated that Mok Tak (Buddhism Liaison for WPPAC) is a false priest.
- The WORLD PEACE PRIZE AWARDING COUNCIL (WPPAC) is condemned as Responsible for Complicity with Genocide and Islamophobia.
This proclamation is written two thousand six hundred years after the creation of the Buddhist Community.
H.E. Master Maitreya Samyaksambuddha
President and Judge of the International Buddhist Ethics Committee & Buddhist Tribunal on Human Rights
One thought on “Proclamation on Genocide and Islamophobia”