Case No. 24/2017: Supreme Tribunal of Justice (TSJ) & President Maduro of Venezuela
Proclamation on the Organization of American States (OAS)
July 3rd, 2018
The International Buddhist Ethics Committee & Buddhist Tribunal on Human Rights,
Considering that the Supreme Tribunal of Justice of Venezuela and President Maduro have been sentenced as Responsible for the charges of Violation of the Constitutional Democratic State of Law, Violation of the International Human Rights Law, Coup d’Etat, Crimes against humanity, Organized transnational crime and Crimes against peace;
Recalling that a committee of independent experts selected by Luis Almagro, Secretary General of the Organization of American States (OAS), prepared a report in agreement with the Buddhist Tribunal on Human Rights in which there are sufficient grounds to conclude that the Venezuelan government committed Crimes against humanity, which is evident by the systematic and widespread attacks against its civilian population;
Aware that the group of experts convened by Secretary General Luis Almagro recommended that OAS member countries denounce the Venezuelan government of President Maduro before the International Criminal Court (ICC);
Deeply concerned by the situation in Venezuela, since the report of the Committee of experts documents more than 130 extrajudicial executions and more than 200 cases of torture and sexual violence;
Analyzing that the United States government has also publicly accused the government of President Maduro for committing crimes against humanity;
Deploring the false democratic elections that have been held in Venezuela in May 2018, since the participation of most of the opposition politicians was forbidden, which again proves the coup d’Etat of Dictator Nicolás Maduro;
Taking into consideration that the pseudo-democratic elections in Venezuela have not been recognized by many OAS member states and even by the European Union itself;
Affirming that Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Chile, USA, Mexico and Peru have requested the suspension of Venezuela as a member of the Organization of American States (OAS), proposing this State to be applied with the mechanisms of the Inter-American Democratic Charter, since an alteration of the constitutional order that seriously affects its democratic order would have occurred;
Reaffirming that Argentina seems to be willing to support a formal complaint against the dictator Nicolás Maduro and his henchmen in order they can be tried in the International Criminal Court (ICC) for crimes against humanity;
Examining that the International Criminal Court (ICC) has already initiated a preliminary investigation on abuses in Venezuela, although for the time being, it has not opened a formal case, since the International Criminal Court (ICC) has focused solely on judging African countries instead of being a just and equitable global court;
Showing consternation at the fact that some political leaders have expressed the desire that the conflict in Venezuela can be resolved through an uprising of the armed forces, which obviously would not be the appropriate way to resolve conflicts, because only justice would be the Righteous Path;
- Absolute solidarity is expressed with the Venezuelan people, to which is considered brother of the Buddhic People.
- It is declared that the Venezuelan government led by the de facto President Nicolás Maduro is violating international laws, developing a systematic and widespread plan of crimes against humanity and peace.
- It is confirmed that, for purely economic reasons, the governments of China and Russia are providing support to the criminal government of Venezuela.
- It is established that Buddhism was and will be always on the side of the poor and oppressed, always looking for the Cure of their suffering.
- This Ethical Proclamation is invoked as an act of justice in the face of the violations of Buddhist Law and Human Rights carried out by the State of Venezuela.
- It is rejected the fact that international journalism writes hundreds of articles associating the criminal regime of Venezuela with the ideas of Socialism, when actually the dictatorship of President Maduro is really a dictatorial and pseudo-socialist fraud;
- It is confirmed that violence and murder are ineffective instruments to resolve any type of conflict, only worsening the real causes of social problems.
- It is affirmed that torture and murder of any Venezuelan human rights activist constitutes an attack against the entire International Human Rights Law.
- It is stated that the dictatorship of Venezuela has committed a Supreme Offense against International Morality and the Sanctity of life.
- The teachings of Siddhartha Gautama and the Maitriyana Spirituality, whose compassionate wisdom has the ability to save humanity through supreme ethical leadership, are recalled.
This document was written two thousand six hundred years after the foundation and independence of the Great Buddhist Nation.
President: H.E. Master Maitreya Samyaksambuddha