Case number 10/2015: Argentine Government (Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner presidency)
ETHICAL NOTIFICATION TO THE PRESIDENT OF THE ARGENTINE REPUBLIC
Dear President of Argentine Republic,
Hereby, on January 9, 2016, the Buddhist Tribunal on Human Rights (BTHR) congratulates you on your election and also to inform you that we are available to assist you in whatever you wish. It is very important that a change takes place in Argentina.
Below, we raise a series of issues that your advisers probably have never made you to know; although it is fundamental you are aware in order not to be an accomplice to these issues:
- We make you to know that you and your family have our official invitation to come to visit our humble Buddhist Temple called “World Association of Buddhism” based in the city of Necochea.
- We let you know that we offer our unconditional support to carry out cultural exchange agreements with India, where we have a network of institutions and individuals who support us and with whom we work every day.
- We inform you that on November 2015 we have created a Universal Declaration of Ecological Rights, which we expect it has your official endorsement.
- We inform once again that the Argentine government and its former president Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner, on December 2015, have been found Responsible for 31 charges among which there are found Crimes against Humanity for the magnicide and covering-up of terrorist attacks among other facts. In spite of the fact of being provided the opportunity to issue a statement of defense against the 31 charges, the President Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner refused to declare. We also confirm that this was notified to the Ministry of Justice and Human Rights of the current presidency, but it has not issued any reply in this regard.
- We let you know that during 2009 and 2013 we have suffered two attempts against our lives and the Argentine Justice kept impunity over these terrible events, reason why we have formally denounced Argentina before the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights. Thus, we request that the Presidency of the Argentina Nation recognizes by decree that the country made no effort to bring justice, repairing damages and protecting of civil rights in the face of the attacks that we have suffered, because even a minister of your current administration showed complicit silence when many years ago we have requested formal help.
- Please be aware that when we have received attacks on our lives, these events were caused by discrimination, which is why we have formally contacted the INADI (belonging to the Ministry of Justice), which refused to help us at each instance of religious discrimination that we have suffered along these years.
- We let you know that over 2012 we have initiated the procedure to officialize our Buddhist Temple at the Registry of Cult of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, which denied our request by means of discriminatory arguments. For this reason, we request the reformation or elimination of such registry.
- We let you know our desire that it is implemented a law that allows the change of name to members of religious or spiritual organizations in which this fact happens, as is the case of Buddhism and the original peoples, thus fulfilling the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples.
- We let you know that in the past we have requested the land-title regularization to the government of the province of Buenos Aires, but we found out that this procedure was being delivered only to Catholic churches, which constitutes an act of state discrimination. In Argentina, Catholicism enjoys benefits over any other religion and Spirituality, so that we demand that this discriminatory situation ends promptly.
- We let you know that there is no function, position or title of “Buddhist harmonizer” in Buddhism, so we recommend you to be very careful and pay attention when you speak in interviews about this issue. If you wish to learn about True Buddhism you have our free offering to do so under a qualified spiritual guidance, which will prevent you to fall into deceits of those who lower Buddhism to a mere alternative therapy, relaxation method, religion or self-help. Buddhism is a Revolutionary Path of Righteousness and Awakening.
- We make you know our request of not inviting corrupt and billionaire gurus who defraud people. A genuine spiritual master must be poor, yet he or she should not have accusations for crimes against humanity either.
- We would like you to know about our offering that our Buddhist School teaches a Career in Human Rights and Ecology at no cost to thousands of people with your national sponsorship.
- We let you know about our willingness to meet for a private hearing to talk to you about said ethical judgment that our Tribunal has issued concerning 31 charges, given that the current Presidency seems to show no discrimination when accepting hearings. Furthermore, in said Sentence there are 31 possible solutions developed – that are ideas for draft laws or Decree – in order that the current Presidency can effectively resolve the Human Rights violations carried out by the previous president Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner: CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY, COVERING-UP OF TERRORIST ATTACKS, MAGNICIDE AND CONSPIRACY, THREATS, ILLEGAL ESPIONAGE, PERSECUTION OF JOURNALISTS AND ATTACK ON FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION, BIPOLARITY and MENTAL ILLNESS IN THE PRESIDENCY, ABORIGINAL EXCLUSION, ECOCIDE, FEMICIDE, HUMAN TRAFFICKING AND SEXUAL EXPLOITATION, NEGATION OF INSECURITY AND POVERTY, CHILD MALNUTRITION and HEALTH CARE ABANDONMENT, RELIGIOUS DISCRIMINATION, ABUSE OF POWER and FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THE DUTIES OF A PUBLIC SERVANT, VIOLENT REPRESSION AND POLICE ABUSE, TORTURE AND INHUMAN PRISON TREATMENT, ATTACK ON JUDICIAL INDEPENDENCE AND COUP ATTEMPT, INJUSTICE, CORRUPTION and IMPUNITY, DRUG TRAFFICKING, MONEY LAUNDERING, DELEGITIMIZATION and POLITICAL USE OF HUMAN RIGHTS, ELECTORAL FRAUD, MANIPULATION OF STUDENTS AND PORNOGRAPHY ON PUBLIC OFFICIAL UNIVERSITY, INFLUENCE PEDDLING and INCOMPATIBLE NEGOTIATIONS, NEGLIGENCE, POLITICAL CRONYISM and SLAVE LABOR, AUTHORITARIANISM, FASCISM and SCAMS.
- We make you know that attached to this Notification we issue a new copy of the 31 charges together with the corresponding 31 solutions or recommendations made by our Tribunal.
The Buddhist Tribunal on Human Rights invites the current Presidency of the Argentine Republic to consolidate and advance in the defense both of Human Rights and Environmental Rights, especially pledging to fulfill the Right to Peace. This involves a huge challenge, given the state of destruction left by the previous government. From the perspective of Buddhist Spirituality, the Presidency of the Argentine Republic must convert Human Rights into a practical and non-ideological center of all government practices, assuming ethical leadership that leaves place to humanism and righteousness in the core of governmental projects, in order to position Argentina as an exemplary country worldwide in terms of compliance, protection and promotion of human rights and fundamental freedoms.
In this regard, we call for urgent measures in order to: solve the AMIA and Nisman causes, respect indigenous or aboriginal peoples, eliminate illegal espionage, defend freedom of expression, supervising mental health of the presidents of all powers of the State, resolve the problem of Ecocide as destruction of nature, defending the rights of women, defending the security of the people without resorting to violent repression, healing poverty and malnutrition without practicing crony capitalism, make no discrimination, not to abuse of power, promote the purification of justice, combating narco-corruption, promote direct democracy and human rights as ways of fighting against authoritarianism and fascism, prohibit pornography at all levels of education, make that public officials respond with their assets in face of failures in their administration.
We emphasize the need to broaden the judgments for crimes against humanity, in order that not only are dedicated to those who practiced state terrorism, but also to judge those who practiced civil terrorism, or even those powerful religious organizations that took part in any of these terrorist sides and now commit violations against the rights of children.
The defense on Human Rights, especially the Right to a healthy and peaceful life, is the cornerstone of the civilization of the future, since it is the main pathway that the peoples have to ensure their Dignity, Salvation and Evolution.
We hope that the current government of Argentina solves all crimes and discriminations that we have formally denounced in this notification, with Mindfulness to the ethical interventions and proposals that our Buddhist Tribunal has made. In this context, it is essential that the good intentions of the current Presidency go hand in hand with righteous measures, which is driven by Buddhist Spirituality for all free and adequate life.
Although until the moment we have only received indifference by the Argentine State, we never lose our hope in the intrinsic goodness of humankind. The only Cure to the problems of Argentina is the happening of this compassionate wisdom that lies dormant in the minds and hearts of the people.
Sincerely, with a spirit of reconciliation (maitri),
Buddhist Master Maitreya
Spiritual Guide and President of the International Buddhist Ethics Committee (IBEC) & Buddhist Tribunal on Human Rights (BTHR)