Buddhist Statement against Tao Zen Dojo & Major Deepak Rao
November 14, 2018
The Supreme Council of World Peace, in accordance with articles 48-49 and 85 of the UBNO Constitution, confirms the official expulsion of “Tao Zen Dojo” as an institutional member of the United Buddhist Nations Organization (UBNO). This decision of the Governing Council has been made based on the following arguments:
- “Tao Zen Dojo” and its leader Major Deepak Rao have been sentenced Responsible for Violation of International Buddhist Law, Violation of the Rights of Buddhist Peoples, Violation of Buddhist Ethical Precepts, Fraud, Militarism and Crimes against Peace.
- Major Deepak Rao suffers from Paranoia disorder, which is why he has carried out violent attacks against the Maha-Sangha of the UBNO, committing acts that violate the Buddhist Ethics, such as insults, defamations and discriminations.
- Major Deepak Rao is a “False Zen Master”, because although he claims to have such a degree he lacks the basic knowledge in this discipline, which constitutes a violation of the Universal Declaration of Buddhism as a Cultural Heritage of Humanity.
- “Tao Zen Dojo” and its leader Major Deepak Rao have led violent activities of a paramilitary organization, teaching the military how to kill people, even polluting the purity of martial arts by linking it with war weapons whose ultimate goal is murder, and also by performing these immoral paramilitary activities along with Buddhist images.
- “Tao Zen Dojo” has signed the Universal Declaration on the Rights of Buddhist Peoples and Spiritual Communities, violating articles 10, 12, 16, 17, 18, 33, 39 and 57.
- “Tao Zen Dojo” has signed the Constitution of UBNO, violating articles 3, 5, 7, 16, 19, 21, 22, 30, 31, 32, 33, 46, 48, 49, 58 and 63.
- “Tao Zen Dojo” has violated the Buddhist Convention on Human Rights, not complying especially with articles 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 144 and 149.
- “Tao Zen Dojo” has signed the Internal Law of the Maitriyana Buddhist Community, violating articles 8, 15, 23, 28, 29, 31, 32 and 60.
- According to articles 19 and 21 of the Constitution of UBNO, and Article 152 of the Buddhist Convention on Human Rights, “Tao Zen Dojo” is declared as an illegitimate, illegal and fraudulent organization.
- According to article 22 of the UBNO Constitution, “Tao Zen Dojo” is declared as a terrorist organization.
Sincerely, with metta,
Supreme Council of World Peace
Governing Council of United Buddhist Nations Organization